Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 27, 2009

    People that make me laugh at the gym

    This is a list of people at the gym I go to that crack me up, as I have been going to the gym a lot lately I have seen these people a lot. Before you accuse me of selling out my little blog of rants here let me preface by saying that when I am in a bad mood, I go into angry rants about these people, but when I am in a good mood, they just make me laugh.

    1. 14 year old kids who like to lift weights ALL THE TIME, I mean seriously, these kids are there every night. It's great that these kids want to work out I don't want to discourage it, but they should strongly consider changing routines unless they want to wind up at 5' 1" guys with huge biceps. I mean if that is your goal, have at it, but otherwise, lets leave the heavy weight lifting for later in life ok?

    2. The women who are SO tan they appear to have actually seceded in joining another race and are so proud of their fake breasts they work out in nothing but a sports bra that is a cup size too small and tiny spandex shorts, AND who have gotten so muscled up I am actually afraid they might kick my ass. I mean really? REALLY? who are you? don't you have better things to do with your life? and are you that desperate for attention?

    3. People who clearly only work out with a personal trainer so they can hang out with a cute fit person. I see both men and women doing this (usually older men and younger girls) These people do not really care about what kind of shape they are in, or they would be in better shape, they just want to appear to work out so they can have forced interaction with an attractive trainer.

    4. Women who are so CLEARLY trying to get guys to look at them while they work out by moving their hips/ass way more then is necessary on the elliptical. Typically these people are not in that great of shape and you wouldn't even notice them in the gym except for the fact that they stick their ass out and move like 2 feet side to side when they use the elliptical. Now maybe this is some technique I am not aware of, but it just looks ridiculous and whatever it is... it isn't working.

    5. The guy who has cut his sleeve wholes so large in his shirt, that when standing normally his shirt no longer covers either nipple. I get it... you are proud of your body and want to show it off, but this just looks contrived and ridiculous, yes you are in good shape, yes you would like more freedom when working out, but NO you do not need to make you shirt sleeve wholes (if you can call them that) that large, there is no reason for this and I refuse to take you seriously as a human being.

    6. People are are so set on using the big weights that they use terrible technique. The most ripped/muscled people I have known used relatively light weights for their size, they just had impeccable form. So no... you don't need to be using the 55 lb. dumbbell for curls if you have to rock your whole bode a foot just to do one, you will see much better results with a 30 or 35 lb dumbbell and good form, but then again... you might look like a wee girly man if you use the little weights... ahh the dilemmas of a meet head!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment